Pollution Prevention reduces Financial costs (waste management and cleanup) and Environmental costs (health problems, damages). Pollution Prevention not only protects our environment, but also strengthens our community.
Here are some Pollution Prevention practices:
- Use reusable water bottles instead of throw-aways
- Turning off lights when not in use
- Repairing leaky faucets and hoses
- Using non-toxic or "green" cleaners
- Properly dispose of household hazardous waste (old electronics, paint, etc. SHOULD go to WLSSD)
- Help clean up litter - any litter on the streets or yard will eventually find its way into a nearby stream
- Sweep up yard waste - excess grass clippings are pollutants!
- Report any illicit discharge/dumping in the City of Superior: http://www.ci.superior.wi.us/illicitdischarge