Grease is a frequent cause of blocked pipes. Mixing hot water and soap may cause FOG's to "melt" in you sink, it quickly reforms into a solid blockage in pipes.
Prevent FOG Problems by:
x Don't pour oil or grease down the drain
x Don't run water over dishes, pots and pans to wast grease down the drain
x Don't was food scraps down the drain
* Do place cooled fats, oils, and grease into sealed container and discard in the garbage
* Do dry wipe grease from dishes before washing
* Do scrap food scraps from dishes into the garbage can.
- Avoid putting stringy, fibrous or starchy waste in the garbage disposal. They cannot be sufficiently broken down.
- Make sure the disposal is running when you put food into it. Don't wait until it's full to turn it on.
- It's a good idea to wait 15 minutes between showers so waste moving through your plumbing has an adequate amount of time to disperse.
- Avoid toilet clogs by only flushing human waste and toilet paper . . . nothing else!
- Know your limits. Often, minor plumbing problems turn into plumbing catastrophes if not handled properly.